Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blondies with Chocolate Chips

Blondies


Review:
First, let me say that it's hard to go wrong with sugar and chocolate. I can eat the two alone and be happy. Luckily, this recipe had these ingredients! The brownies turned out  quite tasty but they were a mess coming out of the oven.  They looked okay after cooking, and my fork was dry after testing, but it was messy cutting into them.  I let them cool for a bit, and then I couldn't help myself so I tried one. The directions said to let it cool completely before serving and this probably could have been emphasized a little more. They were very thin and gooey and didn't look anything like the original picture.  I wondered if maybe I needed to leave them in the oven longer so I popped them back in for another 5-6 minutes. Once I let them cool for an hour or two, the were more congealed and easier to cut into. And of course I ate 2 huge pieces!  They were super yummy and full of flavor. They were still a little more gooey than I like, but as I said, the flavor is amazing!  The molasses gives a nice flavor.  They're worth a shot and they're vegan too, so no worries about being a little under cooked :) You just have to be patient and wait for them to cool.

Source:
I found these at Vegan Piggy.





No comments:

Post a Comment